Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Performs maintenance, installs and repairs on all production equipment
- Performs maintenance and utility work of building and grounds.
- Completes plant work orders, accurately and on-time.
- Adheres to all safety policies, procedures and guidelines
- Maintains regular and consistent attendance and punctuality.
- Performs preventive maintenance on plant equipment and completes appropriate documentation.
- Performs cleaning, de-scaling, and other sanitation tasks as scheduled on plant equipment.
- Performs emergency equipment repairs, alone and with mechanics.
- Familiar with electrical, welding, and PLC experience.
Summary of Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent with 2+ years of general industrial mechanical maintenance
- Demonstrated ability to work safely and adhere to safety policies
- General industrial maintenance and electrical systems.
- General sanitation knowledge preferred.
- General knowledge and use of power tools and equipment required.
- General knowledge of hydraulics and pneumatics preferred.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds. Continuous standing and walking throughout the entire 8 - 12 hour shift; regular lifting up to 50 pounds. Frequent pulling, pushing, bending, stooping, crawling & climbing. The ability to perform visual inspection is a necessity.
- Ability to read, write and understand equipment manuals, blueprints, schematics, safety manuals, and specifications.
- Ability to work in elevated areas, confined spaces, dusty areas
- Ability to work independently, problem solve and make decisions with minimal supervision.
- Basic math skills.
- Mechanical/Technical Aptitude.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proficient in safety procedures and ability to adhere to all safety guidelines.
- Proficient in Lockout/Tag out.
- Ability to plan and prioritize workload.
- Ability to work in accordance with quality, safety, and sanitation standards, policies and guidelines.