Job duties include but are not limited to:
- Qualifying new raw materials.
- Perform full ASTM C920 physical testing on finished goods; moisture checks by Karl Fischer titrations.
- Formulating with silicone, hybrid, butyl, and latex chemistries.
- Administering weekly calibrations of instruments.
- Inputting data and compiling results into spreadsheets.
- Responsible for cleaning the laboratory and following all laboratory safety procedures.
- Managing samples in the QUV/QSUN Accelerated Weathering Instruments.
- Help develop and implement new tests and procedures.
- Investigate manufacturing or customer issues and recommend/implement the corrective action.
- Develop new formulations, improve existing formulations, and assist manufacturing with scale up production.
- May give technical presentations to internal/external groups.
- May travel domestically to visit customers, vendors, or attend meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements include but are not limited to:
- Must be willing to participate in cradle-to-grave new product development projects – from research and design, to scale up and manufacturing.
- Must be capable of following directions, instructions, and completing follow through on projects.
- Must be very well-organized in relation to record keeping in a laboratory notebook, filing and maintaining documents, writing reports, and updating the R&D Lab Manager on daily progress.
- Must be able to conceptualize and articulate clearly.
- Must be able to multi-task and be comfortable with changes in priority.
- Willing to work directly with QC and Production personnel.
- Familiar with legislation and regulations relating to laboratory safety, chemical identification, and hazard communication with ability to adhere to all safety guidelines.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Polymer Science, or related science.
- 3 - 5 years of previous new product development experience – preferably with sealants and adhesives.
- Solid technical knowledge of chemistry.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Excellent computer skills required, with knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
Qualifications that would set you apart:
- Bilingual – English & Spanish.
- Sealant and adhesive experience, both in a laboratory setting and/or manufacturing.
Premier Building Solutions offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including 401(k) and 10 paid holidays.